? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2856 Grabs Today. 29074 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2700 Grabs Today. 23459 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nook

So I recieved this loooooovely piece of electronics as a Christmas gift.... It has rocked my world.



I am reading so many books. There are a selection of books they offer for free. I find myself on this particular section of the webpage almost every day, scouring the titles for something I haven't seen before and don't already have in my library. I find myself downloading on impulse. Hey, if it's free there's no guilt if I don't enjoy the book.



Then there are the discounted books... Under $5 for full length books by reputable authors and a variety of subjects. Of course, in both selections, the majority of the books are cheesey romance novels, but BUT there have been a select few that were good. I have then found that those select few have later been offered at full price!! Yes~ Save for Carmen! And of course there are those that I thought I was getting a steal for and they sucked.



I have become awfully choosey on what I am willing to pay for anything. Hahaha as if I wasn't before, but the difference is that these are being offered at a significantly lower price--prices that you don't find in the stores ANYWHERE--and I'm still weary of paying for them. So I go back to the free selection and possibly download one that I'm not all that interested in and find that this unknown, poorly discribed piece was actually and obscure find.



And then there is the fact that new releases are offered at amazingly lower prices. For instance, I just got the new Steven King novel, Under the Dome, for $9.99 when it is being offered at hardback only at this time for $30 or more. Which is awesome.



I bought a nice case for it too and carry it everywhere I go. Everywhere. It's amazing to me each and every single time I turn it on that I can "store" 40+ books thus far. Plus, as many samples as I want!



Yes, I miss the tactile feel of an actual book. Yes, I miss actually turning a page. But it's amazing to be able to switch between books with a push of a button! I can swipe through the covers of the books and samples of books too.

In case you couldn't tell... I love my nook...

0 comments: