The remainder of my week at home was good. I'll have to post the pictures of my step-dad's Avalanche truck getting stuck leaving my grandma's house Christmas night! Oh fun times in Utah weather.
I came back to DC on Sunday, Dec. 29 to almost 60 degree weather. What a change! Dave picked me up at the airport and we did our gift exchange that night. Dinner with his mom and her boyfriend was nice and relaxing. Betzy actually got me two suits! One is grey and the other is black. Very nice. Dave got me a robe (perfect length!) and slippers because I'm always cold and a necklace I've been admiring for some time now. I got him a new Fossil watch. It's so nice, he doesn't want to wear it!! "I don't want to mess it up!" Guess I'll have to work on him...
I dog-sat Monday and Tuesday nights and then it was New Year's Eve.
Dave had gotten us tickets to the Downtown Countdown here in DC at the Grand Hyatt hotel. The food was good, the drinks were better and we enjoyed the different things they had going on all night. Bands played (saw Cowboy Mouth live!!), there were comedians, karaoki and a "club" with music and dancing. I appear to have made several phone calls around 11pm- sorry! Haha. Oh dear. We took a cab to Georgetown to hit up the Cheesesteak Factory only to find it closed.. and our cab driving away!! Luckily the pizza place around the corner was open for business and handed over a half pepperoni and half cheese pizza. Don't ask how much I paid- I don't remember.
Cab ride to my place. I made it down my dangerous curvy stairs all on my own only to discover I had lost my cell phone somewhere along the way... :( sad panda!! Dave came to the rescue tho and pulled it from his pocket! Apparently I had left it on the table we had been at when we welcomed in the New Year. The pizza was delicious.
Yesterday we slept late and just took it easy. I'm so happy I didn't have to work yesterday. It was nice to just watch tv for hours and hours. Talk about frying my brain! We pulled a mini- Criminal Minds marathon of three episodes, followed by two episodes of Knight Rider. Yes, I'm a dork. I came to terms with that years ago, people, and completely enjoy it.
Here I am at work today, keeping my fingers crossed that I can make it until the end of the day and the weekend.
On a side note, I hate insurance companies. Hopefully my drama with Blue Cross Blue Shield will be resolved shortly. Ugh.
Hope everyone's New Year's celebrations were fun and that everyone made it home safe and sound!
love,
Carmen
Friday, January 2, 2009
Catch-up
Posted by Just me... at Friday, January 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment