? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2856 Grabs Today. 29074 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2700 Grabs Today. 23459 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, December 4, 2008

More OT?!

Haha yep.  I looked at the last two posts and realized that I was about to write another post about the same damn thing. Over time.  'Cept today I pulled a record 13 hours in order to submit a document before midnight.


Dinner and the cab ride home is on the firm.  In addition to the overtime I've pulled the last couple days and the three days before Thanksgiving... I like the checks that come afterwards, but it's the long days that are getting to me. :(

And here I am... blogging. 

But last week and the weekend was good.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it back to UT for Thanksgiving.  The tickets jumped really high. My mom and I were both really bummed that we weren't going to be able to be together.  :(

But it was good that I was able to spend the holiday with Dave and his family in New Jersey.  I got off of work early, but we hit 6 hours of traffic (it's usually no more than 3 hours).  Thursday we got up and munched on food as Dave's aunt was cooking.  Everyone started arriving and one of his cousins brought her two rowdy kids and their ADORABLE yellow lab puppy!!! The kids were horrible, but the PUPPY was sooooo CUTE! We played with him for a while. :)

Friday was chill. Dave and I were going to get up really early and check out the Black Friday sales at Best Buy (I wanted a new TV or camera).  Haha yeah... that didn't happen.  We finally got to Best Buy around noon.  You'd think since they opened at like 3am they'd be totally cleaned out, right? At least in past years.  Not this year.  The "limited number available" tvs were still in stock as were their door busters and lots of other things... they even had WIIs!  We went to TJMax afterwards and I got a nice black skirt and this really cute purple shortie jacket- very Audrey Hepburn-ish. :)

Saturday was so chill.  Nobody did anything.  We all hung around the house watching TV and just being lazy until dinner time.  Family dinner at Outback (I LOVE THAT PLACE!!) and then Dave and I headed into Manhattan to check out Macey's Christmas decorations.  They were really cool! The lights were pretty inside and out and outside they had about 5 huge windows filled with little machines that were creating different aspects of Christmas--toys, ornaments, Santa's List, etc.  In the top corner of each window was a short rhyme linking the mystical, pretty machines in the window with Macey's theme this year: Believe.   It was really great.  Then we walked around Time Square for a while and caught the trains home.  We crawled back into bed at like 2.

Traffic coming back on Sunday sucked because of the rain and just so many people on the road at one time.  Another 6 hours and we were home.  Sleep so I could work the next day.

Work, sleep, work, sleep, work and that brings me to now.  

Good times this weekend.  GOOD FOOD, too! 

The firm's holiday party is this coming weekend. Should be fun, I'll post afterwards to let you know how it goes!

luv,
Carmen

0 comments: