OT= Over Time
This is going to be confusing. There are two big cases I'm working on. Case no. 1 and case no. 2.
I anticipate working a LOT of over time this next week and possibly into the week after. I figured this on Friday. I went in planning to work on case 2 and I had informed the main attorney I'm working for on case 1 that I would be devoting all my time to case 2. Well, needless to say that didn't happen. An hour-and-a-half later, I finally started the project for the day.
Thursday I worked on case 2 all day also. And re-did the work my assigned "helper" had done because this project is the first project I have done for this attorney. She's the managing partner of my department. I kind of want to make a GREAT impression, ya know?
So when I didn't finish Friday, I knew I would have to come in today (Saturdays are mine, people) because I have a Monday Morning deadline. Since I practically volunteered to do what appears to be a massive amount of overtime in case 1, I am not anticipating being home a lot during regular hours this coming week.
Did I mention that I'm going to a wedding on Saturday? My boyfriend's mom's boyfriend's daughter gets married on Saturday. So overtime is out next weekend. And then the week after is Thanksgiving if I calculate correctly. Oh and another big-wig partner that I work for comes in tomorrow. His situation is difficult. He lives in Georgia but continues to work a full caseload for the firm. And since I'm the only trademark litigation paralegal, I do all his work-mostly on short notice since I'm not copied on the correspondence he has with opposing counsel. Oh fun times.
While I usually don't mind overtime, this really isn't the time of year with the firm being out Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday and me being called into a HUGE production last minute in order for one attorney to clear her calendar before the holiday and busting my ass in another project before the lead attorney goes to Japan on business and the holiday.
Whew. I repeat this to myself more and more frequently these days: "I'm just one person, I'm just one person, I. Am. Just. One. Person.
But I was still at the office for about 6 hours today. Yep, that's dedication people. And thank god I get paid overtime.
Anywho, on to other more less stressful things.
I went shopping with my boyfriend yesterday. He needed a nice suit for the wedding and my firm holiday party.
I'm going to take a slight detour right here. I got the invitation to the firm's holiday party in the mail. It's a nice invitation and it was addressed to me and "Guest." He was with me the night I got the invitation and I looked at him and said "Guest. That means you. You're coming with me." Ha ha ha! He was so surprised! You had to have seen the look on his face. He was like "What?!" But he's cool with it. It's gonna be fun. Anyways, the invitation says cocktail attire/black tie optional, so he knew he needed a suit.
And with the wedding he needed one, possibly two, suits for both events. And back to yesterday.
We go to one of his favorite stores, which happens to sell designer for cheap and check out the suits. He got a stellar one. It looked so nice on him, he didn't even need or want to try on any other ones. So we got him measured and we'll be picking it up on Thursday. With a new suit you need a shirt and tie to match. We got a blue shirt and an almost burgundy shirt with nice ties so it's like he has two suits! Haha makes sense tho and saved him a lot of money. It was cool and he looked so nice!
Had brunch with the crew this morning. I was late. :-( and that bothers me but there's not much I could do except let them know and I did. I spent the rest of the day at work. After work I stopped at the grocery store for food for dinner and have been watching "Failure to Launch" (cute movie) and CSI: Las Vegas since.
Tired.
xoxo

1 comments:
Whoa girl. Take a breather!
Post a Comment