? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2856 Grabs Today. 29074 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2700 Grabs Today. 23459 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 9, 2009

I know, I know, another post...

But please read on... I've been waiting for this news for a couple weeks...


You remember in an earlier post that I had an inspector come and check out my apartment.  Well, I called her again today because I haven't received my copy of the violation notifications she sent out.

Well, I should be hearing from my landlord soon!  Ms. Booth, the inspector, printed another copy for me and actually dropped it off at my apartment (shoved under my door)!!

I have no idea when my landlord will get their copy or when I actually get the copy that was sent in the mail, but I don't really care at this point.

Anyways, the papers showed me what the fines my landlord is facing for each violation.

- inadequate heat: $1000

- lack of a fire extinguisher:  $2000

- dryer not venting:  $2000

- windows not being winterized:  $500

Grand total for treating me like I'm stupid and not working with me the first go around:  $5500.

Now, these fines are only applicable if my landlords don't make the necessary repairs in the time frame given.

Either way, they still have to pay to fix everything and that's not cheap! But, not my problem.  If my landlords don't fix it and the inspector has to come out again there's a $90 fee for that, and then if they still don't fix it the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs can fix it themselves, charge my landlords' and place a lien on their house if payment is not made. 

I don't even think I should feel guilty at all. I've been without heat technically all winter, but officially since the beginning of February.  The other issues addressed above were not raised by me, but by the home inspector so they've been violations for who knows how long. 

There's another issue.  There is no way she can evict me.  I pay rent on time and in full every month EVEN with all these problems with the heat.  I have not violated my lease in any shape or form.  So she has to fix these problems and/or adjust my lease... I'm not sure what can be done at this point. But we'll see. 

Anyways, I think she's gonna try to evict me or present her work order for the last repair (I think she got ripped off because it didn't fix ANYTHING) to the heating system and think she's good. BUT the work order is dated BEFORE the inspection. HAHAHA! So there! But I'm looking just to make sure I have some place to go.  

Ahh relief.  If I could only be a fly on the wall that speaks French when they get their copy of the violations...

-C 

0 comments: