I took the bus home after work today, walked to my new home and have been enjoying my cable tv and internet while doing laundry without having to leave my place. This is fabulous! Something I searched for long and hard. It's good.
I vented in the last post but have been enjoying the last few days. I dog-sit for one of the attorneys I work for and spent this past weekend at his amazing home right in the middle of the city. His "puppy" (who is actually an old dog that acts like a puppy) is sooo cute! And so well mannered. Walking him gets me out and about. I learned this weekend that there is a farmers market on some Sunday mornings near his home and my boyfriend and I checked it out. Now, my bf loves crab meat- crab cakes, crab soup, crab dip, all kinds of crab and all other kinds of seafood- and there was a little stand that was giving out samples of hot, fresh crab cakes. I'm not a big fan of crab, except king crab. But man, these crab cakes were GOOD. We ended up getting a couple before picking up his mom's bikes so that we can start bike riding around the city. We had a delicious lunch of chicken & rice n' beans at her place YUMMMMM then came back to my place for a dinner of fried crab cakes. Yep, I fried 'em. I'm proud of this fact.
Haha speaking of seafood and me cooking, I have discovered the way to have him putty in my hands.... MUAHAHAHA!! Last week after grocery shopping and stocking my shelf and fridge with food, my bf brought over his steamer and I, that's right little me that never cooks, steamed the shrimp to perfection (if I may say so myself). Two pounds of large shrimp were steamed and devoured in possibly record time. And my stir fry last night was a hit too... I just might have something here... lol.
It's been fun. Haha. We'll see how long I can keep it up.
We have decided to try doing more active things together, not just watch movies. So... he's gonna teach me how to play tennis and now, because I live in a part of the city that is bike friendly and bike-interesting, we've decided to bring the bikes here and start exploring the area via bikes. We even went and got the helmets to be safe in this endeavor!
Halloween is around the corner. I'll be dog sitting once again for a more extended period of time and plan to take advantage of any happenings going on in that part of the city that evening. I mean, I'm in the city now, but where I'll be while dog sitting is a more active, happening place to be for the activities.

1 comments:
You are a TOTAL BLOG STALKER Carmen! Totally busted. Turns out - I skimmed over a bunch of your posts and almost busted up laughing when you were talking about the people and the 'culture' here at home. So funny, tell your family to buzz off when it comes to bugging you about the 'M' word. It's different for everyone - we're by no means old and, while I fit into the married with a baby category - I say screw em' and the pressure AND the stereotype that goes along with it! I'm glad to see that you're a 'follower' of my random blogging. Talk to you soon - Stalker!
Heidi Marie
Post a Comment