? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2856 Grabs Today. 29074 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2700 Grabs Today. 23459 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm falling out of love with you...

Metro. We've been in a close and loving relationship for the past seven years. You've been there for fun jaunts around the DC-Metro area. And for the past three years, you've been there for my daily commutes to and from work in addition to the fun times.

Yet, I find myself falling out of love with you. With the last couple of train crashes, the worst being this past July (luckily after I'd decided to stop riding the red line), and with the recent disruptions for track maintenance, I have gotten more and more frustrated with your lack of response. When you close stops, CLOSE ENTIRE STOPS on a HOLIDAY weekend no less, making it incredibly difficult for a lowly qualifier for BMW status (I get around by Bus, Metro, Walking), it makes it difficult to stay faithful. The most recent issue I had was that last night you decided to single track the trains through the biggest transfer stations in all of metro.

Single tracking?! What? Yes. And with very little prior announcements. So it's on the desplay where you can see when the next train is due. So it was on the metro trip planner. But none of those things were apparent until after I was on the platform, after I'd shclepped up and over to the other side only to have to come back because why are there no people on this side? Ugh.

The escalators are ALWAYS down. Always. Going up, going down. Different stops. Different times of the day. It's always a surprise.

I am venting to you that all these little things add up. I've put up with the unreasonable fair hikes with no obvious improvement. I've put up with the old cars even though there are supposedly all new cars somewhere. I've put up with the unbearable heat on the platforms in the hopes that the train car is air conditioned, when IT"S NOT. Trains are not on time. Doors don't open. Entire cars are black, passengers aren't allowed on. Trains randomly unload passengers. No passenger trains frequently pass through stations when it made more sense to pick up people on the way to the end of the line.

Your effort needs to improve, drastically. Changes need to be made. I just wonder if you are able to change.

0 comments: