? ??????????????Crystal Drops? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (47 Ratings)??2856 Grabs Today. 29074 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????This Beating Heart? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (26 Ratings)??2700 Grabs Today. 23459 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So do I vent about my job or pick a different subject? I didn't get any suggestions for new reads on the last post... But I could talk about what I'm currently reading, I could talk about the a couple movies I've seen lately: Harry Potter and The Ugly Truth. There is, of course, the event of Michael Jackson's death that occurred since I last posted - and of which I am getting sick of all the news updates on. There are the T.V. shows I'm currently enjoying. Then there's the puppy I want... a cute little puppy. No particular one in mind, just a puppy. I have also discovered that CVS brand Pringles chips are not the same as actual Pringles. Blech! I also found out that there is a "Horse Whisperer" and he did a show with Cesar Millan (the Dog Whisperer - really good show btw). I could also talk about the book I've been wanting to read for quite some time but can't find in my room of boxes... My books have been boxed up since I moved out of my crazy apartment in DC and in with my boyfriend. ALL my stuff (except for my couch) fits into one bedroom.

The book is entitled "The Time Traveler's Wife" and the movie based on the book comes out in August. I read it soon after it came out in paperback and have read it several times a year since then. It's one of those books that I pick up to feel better and calms me. I can say that it helps me put my life back into perspective. I know everyone loses perspective sometimes and this book helps me get back in touch. I don't know why. There are no similarities between my life and the book. It's just one of those feel-good books. So, I want to find it. And I am so excited that they are finally coming out with a movie. Essentially, the story is about waiting... For some reason, that concept draws me in. Maybe because we're all waiting. Waiting to find that other person on this planet that is our other half. That is something I truly believe. Regardless of languange, looks, race, education, location, and gender, there is another person out there that I (and you!) are meant to be with. And I feel like this book epitomizes that belief. I feel affirmed, relaxed, and at ease after reading it. But it's also one of those books that you either love it or hate. There isn't really an in between. I love it. My mom hates it. Don't know why, she just doesn't like the story at all. Interesting.

P.S. I Love You is a feel-good book, too. Even though it's such a sad story, it's also a book about healing and understanding that it's ok to move on and, essentially, let go. Acceptance. Another one I've read multiple times and keep going back to.

Ok. It's decided. I need to dig through my boxes of books and find these two books. And soon.

I think it's good that I realize that there are times where I need those absorbing distractions in order to get back in touch with where I am, what I'm doing, where I'm going and where I've gone. I think that one needs to take a step back and observe in order to understand and move forward on the path that is the best path at that time. To help you make better choices.

Yep, that time again.

0 comments: